Skip to Main Content


  • Prior/current active duty Veterans (Montgomery GI Bill)

    Basic Eligibility:

    • Must have served in the armed forces after July 1, 1985 for two or three years of continuous service.
    • Must have contributed to the educational fund for 12 months ($100 per month).
    • You received an honorable discharge.



  • Service-connected disabled Veteran with a VA rated disability status of 20% or more

    Basic Eligibility:

    • Must have a 20% (or greater) service-connected disability.
    • Vocational rehabilitation is required for employment as a result of the disability,
    • To verify eligibility contact the Boise Regional office at (208) 429-2228.
    • Complete VA Form 28-1900.
    • For more information, contact our VetSuccess Counselor Sean Burlile.


  • Post 9/11 GI Bill

    You need to be a full-time student for that session (see academic calendar) to receive the full amount of your BAH. See the semester equivalency table. Your rate of pursuit must be at least 51% (7 credits for Undergraduate regular semester) to receive 1/2 of the normal BAH rate.

    For other questions, see our FAQ page to the left.

    • Must have served in the armed forces after September 11, 2001 with at least 90 days of aggregate service, or a service-connected disability after 30 days.
    • Veteran received an honorable discharge.
    • Benefits have been transferred from an Active Duty service member to dependent.


  • Dependents, Widows, and Widowers

    Basic Eligibility for spouse or child(ren) of a Veteran who:

    • Died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
    • Died from any cause while such permanent and total service-connected disability was in existence.
    • Is missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
    • Is forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
    • Is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service-connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability. Effective December 23, 2006.

  • National Guard or Reserve (Montgomery GI Bill)

    Basic Eligibility:

    • Must be in drill status to use benefits.
    • Must have a signed six-year contract after July 1, 1985.
    • Must have completed 180 days of duty in the selected reserve or guard.
    • Must have a GED or high school diploma.

  • Pay Scale For Veteran Benefits

    Below is a button that has a PDF document of the current Veteran Benefits Pay Scale.

  • Change Of Major Form

    If you happen to change your major while using your G.I. Bill benefits, this form needs to be completed. For assistance, feel free to contact our office.

  • CHAMPVA Letter Request Form

    This is request for a letter to be sent to CHAMPVA, or Tricare, regarding your enrollment status to continue receiving benefits through your parent. Click here for CHAMPVA factsheet.

  • Hold Lift Request Form

    If you need to have the Veteran Services Hold removed from your student center account. Please click on the button below and fill out the form to have the hold removed.

  • Yellow Ribbon Program

    What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?

    If I am eligible for the Post‐9/11 GI Bill, am I automatically eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
    • No. Only Veterans (or dependents under Transfer of Entitlement) at the 100% benefit level qualify. Active duty members and spouses of active duty members are not eligible for this program. There are 5 students per semester awarded the Yellow Ribbon award for non-resident fees, please contact our office about availability.

    What do I have to do to receive Yellow Ribbon benefits?
    • If you meet the above requirements fill out the application below, it is a first come first serve basis because we have a limited amount of Yellow Ribbon slots available. Applications will be on file for one semester, after which you must reapply to receive the Yellow Ribbon award again.

  • Full Time Status Equivalency

    Below is a button that has a PDF document of the current Veteran Benefits Full Time Enrollment Equivalency tables.