There are many other opportunities, see Financial Aid’s website for scholarship opportunities https://financialaid.boisestate.edu/scholarships/.
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Marine Corps Scholarship
- Medals of America Scholarship
- NAVPA Scholarship
- SVA Scholarship
- The Tona Law Veteran’s
- VFW's Sport Clips Help A Hero
- Young Patriot
- Youth Scholarship
The Key Thinkers Scholarship
The Key Thinkers Scholarship (“Scholarship”) awards academically qualified students with a $2,500 USD Scholarship to one (1) eligible recipient (“Recipient”) once every academic term (coinciding with the application schedule below), to one (1) eligible recipient (“Recipient”). There will be a total of four (4) Recipients of the Scholarship per academic year. The sponsor (“MoneyKey”) offers the Scholarship to post-secondary students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement. This is an opportunity for students to be a voice in the growing conversation about financial responsibility.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, the student applying must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or trade school in the United States.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
MCSF funds needs-based scholarships for the children of Marines – former, retired or currently serving. In the last 55 years, MCSF has awarded $110Million in scholarships to over 37,000 children. Scholarships are awarded for post-high school education and include Certified and Technical Education (CTE). Our average scholarship is about $3000/year for 4 years. Some students qualify for up to $10,000/year for 4 years.
Medals of America Scholarship
At Medals of America, we strongly believe in education, and we are committed to providing resources so everyone has a chance to advance their education. From high school graduates entering as college freshmen to middle-aged people in the workforce looking for a career change, everyone deserves the opportunity to further their education, particularly our active duty personnel and Veterans! We are honored to play a role in that.
Eligibility Requirements General:
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the U.S., for completion of undergraduate degree in Political Science, History, or equivalent.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees and professional affiliates of Medals of America (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- Current Active Duty members and their dependents or any Veteran and their direct descendants (children, grandchildren, etc) .
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- If Active Duty, we will need verification on command letterhead that service member is Active Duty.
- If a Veteran, or a direct descendant, we will need a copy of the qualifying Veterans DD-214.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some form of verification of enrollment at your college.
- Your Essay.
- Submit a brief essay between approximately 400 and 800 words, detailing why Civil Service/Political Science/ History is important in your field of study. The essay should be written in a personalized format, referencing your firsthand thoughts and experiences. We are truly interested in why you believe your major of choice will have a positive impact in your life and result in a career.
NAVPA (National Association of Veterans Programs Administrators)
As a University who is a participating NAVPA member you are eligible for their scholarship opportunity.
SVA (Student Veterans of America)
As a University with an active SVA chapter you are eligible for the scholarship opportunities, as well as they post other opportunities on their website.
A new scholarship they are offering to military veterans pursuing their bachelor’s degree. “We believe education should be accessible to everyone, particularly America’s brave veterans. The Study.com Scholarship for Military Veterans gives one lucky student $500 to help with their tuition.”
Applying for the Scholarship:
Students must apply by April 1, 2018, which gives them plenty of time to submit the quick and easy application. We will choose one winner based on their free response submissions.
To participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be a veteran of any branch of the United States military
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year
The Tona Law Veteran’s Scholarship
- Only open to students attending school in the United States
- Applicant must be a veteran of any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States
Applicant must be a student at an accredited school, or be accepted to begin school at an accredited school within 6 months of application
VFW’s “Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship”
Provides service members and veterans with the financial assistance they need to complete their educational goals without incurring excessive student loan debt. It’s just another way for us to say “thank you” to those who fought for our freedoms.
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to qualified applicants.
- Awarded scholarships are limited to one per family per semester.
- Applications for the fall semester will be accepted January 1 through April 30.
- Applications for the spring semester will be accepted August 1 through November 15.
- Fall semester scholarships will be awarded in August, and spring semester scholarships will be awarded in January.
- Scholarships must be used by the end of the school semester for which the veteran is applying or they will become null and void.
- Scholarships are restricted for tuition and fees only and will be paid directly to accredited schools.
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be retired, honorably discharged, active duty, or a member of the National Guard or Reserve.
- Have completed Basic Training and follow-on training (Advanced Individual Training, technical school, etc.).
- Separated with or currently hold a military rank of E-5 or below.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
Participate in, be accepted to or currently enrolled in a VA-approved program or school at an accredited post-secondary institution
VFW’s “Young Patriot Scholarship Program”
The Idaho Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States has established the
Young Patriot Scholarship Program for all eligible persons.
- Idaho EANGUS members
- Unmarried child of Idaho EANGUS member under the age of 26
- Spouses of Idaho EANGUS members
- Unmarried spouses and unmarried dependent sons and daughters of deceased Idaho EANGUS members who were in good standing at the time of their death.
VFW’s “Youth Scholarship”
The VFW is dedicated to promoting patriotism and investing in our future generation. If you are a democracy-loving high school student interested in a $30,000 college scholarship or a patriotic middle school student interested in winning $5,000, these scholarships may be for you.
Established in 1947, our Voice of Democracy audio-essay program provides high school students with the unique opportunity to express themselves in regards to a democratic and patriotic-themed recorded essay. Each year, nearly 40,000 9-12 grade students from across the country enter to win their share of $2.1 million in educational scholarships and incentives awarded through the program.
The national first-place winner receives a $30,000 scholarship paid directly to the recipient’s American university, college or vocational/technical school. A complete list of other national scholarships range from $1,000-$16,000, and the first-place winner from each VFW Department (state) wins a minimum scholarship of $1,000 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C. Want to apply? Read the rules and eligibility requirements and download the entry form and brochure before you submit your entry at your local VFW Post.