Skip to Main Content

Chapter 31 Service – Connected Disabled Veteran

Basic Eligibility:

  • Veteran must have received an honorable discharge.
  • Veteran must have a 20% (or greater) service-connected disability.
  • As a result of the Veterans disability, vocational rehabilitation is required for employment.
  • For more information, contact the Vocational Rehabilitation program at (800) 827-1000.
  • Complete VA Form 22-1900.
  • To verify eligibility contact the Boise Regional office at (208) 429-2228.

To Enroll:

  • Your assigned VA counselor will complete a VA Form 22-1905 and will send to Boise State.
  • Each semester the Veteran wishes to use their benefits, a declaration will be filled out and submitted.
  • All changes to the Veteran’s schedule prior to the first day of classes (adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals) require the member to submit a new declaration to the VSO Office.


  • All changes to the Veteran’s schedule (major/minor, adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals) must be approved by the assigned VA counselor.
  • Any changes to contact information:
    –Update Boise State: Follow instructions on MY.BOISESTATE.
    –Notify Boise State VSO
    –Notify VA (888) 442-4551
    –Notify VA counselor
    –VA office at (800) 827-1000
    –Update direct deposit information with your VA counselor


  • If the Veteran is in need of a tutor, please contact your VA counselor at the Regional Office.