- Must be in drill status to use benefits.
- Must have a signed six-year contract after July 1, 1985.
- Must have completed 180 days of duty in the selected reserve or guard.
- Must have a GED or high school diploma.
Complete and return the following paperwork to Veteran Services:
- Application for Educational Benefits VA Form 22-1990
- Copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) obtained from your unit
- Copy of Reserves/Guard Kicker paperwork, if applicable
- Copy of VA Form 22-0557 Certificate of Eligibility (You will receive this within 7-10 weeks of application)
- Submit the Declaration of Benefits form each semester you wish to use your benefits
- Give a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and the Award Letter to Veteran Services
- Once you receive your VA Form 20-8992 Award Letter, you need to verify your attendance each month to receive payment. Verify your attendance on the last calendar day of the month using the Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the toll-free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1-877-823-2378. You can sign up to receive reminders, by texting @verify to 81010.
- Submit a new declaration if there are changes to your schedule prior to the first day of classes (adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals).
- Submit VA Form 22-1995 if you make any changes to major, minor and/or school.
- If you have any changes in your contact information:
–Update your student information at MY.BOISESTATE
–Notify Veteran Services
–Notify Veterans Administration at (888) 442-4551
–Update your banking direct deposit information at (888) 442-4551
- Complete and return VA Form 22-1990t to Veteran Services.
- You must attend at least 1/2 time to use tutoring services.
- Contact a tutor and negotiate wages. It is your responsibility to pay the tutor.
- You are eligible to receive $100 per month, up to $600 per semester (up to $1200 total for the entirety of GI Bill), for tutor reimbursement expenses.