Chapter 31 Service – Connected Disabled Veteran
- Veteran must have received an honorable discharge.
- Veteran must have a 20% (or greater) service-connected disability.
- As a result of the Veterans disability, vocational rehabilitation is required for employment.
- For more information, contact the Vocational Rehabilitation program at (800) 827-1000.
- Complete VA Form 22-1900.
- To verify eligibility contact the Boise Regional office at (208) 429-2228.
- Your assigned VA counselor will complete a VA Form 22-1905 and will send to Boise State.
- Each semester the Veteran wishes to use their benefits, a declaration will be filled out and submitted.
- All changes to the Veteran’s schedule prior to the first day of classes (adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals) require the member to submit a new declaration to the VSO Office.
- All changes to the Veteran’s schedule (major/minor, adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals) must be approved by the assigned VA counselor.
- Any changes to contact information:
–Update Boise State: Follow instructions on MY.BOISESTATE.
–Notify Boise State VSO
–Notify VA (888) 442-4551
–Notify VA counselor
–VA office at (800) 827-1000
–Update direct deposit information with your VA counselor
- If the Veteran is in need of a tutor, please contact your VA counselor at the Regional Office.